As a newlywed, I am always searching for the ultimate cheap wall solution. BHG has several great slideshows that tackle that same problem. How can I decorate my room on a budget? Here are some ideas.
1. Use the same type of frame with different unifying fabrics to add punch to a room.
2. Cheap placemats can be oh-so-cute hung in a kids room.
3. Supersize Anna Maria Horner's idea (thanks for the heads-up How about Orange) with the help of this shower curtain.
4. Frame out hankies (above from BHG), dried twigs, flowers, sea fans, sand dollars, coins, scrapbook paper, your neice's art, or even go to Wordle to create your own 'word art'.
5. Make your own easy wall hanging with half a yard of fabric, some dowel rods, and black paint. It's best to use easy modern graphics if you need a guide.
6. Hang a cheap paper fan (or three vertically) for some ladylike flavor. For under $3 a piece you can afford to try several different color combos.
7. Use objects you wouldn't normally think of as art. This charger plate was found at Bed, Bath and Beyond and could totally be used as a way to add some glam.