Monday, September 22, 2008

Theme me up Scotty!

When my friend Brook told me that she was preggars, the first thought was oooooohhhhh - it's baby shower time! Now in the last year I have hosted or co-hosted several wedding showers - but the ever elusive baby shower is something I have always dreamed of doing. So now that the opportunity is here - I am having a brain jam. The hardest thing for me is picking a theme. I have some listed below but if you come up with something cute - PLEASE let me know.

So that is where you come in - I need your help. Help with a lot. But right now - it is themes and invites.

Here is some info on Brook so that you can understand what a complex and interesting creature is popping out the little one. Also, this will be helpful so that you can make an informed decision. She is 27 and has been married to Kent for 5 years. She loves sports, art (she can paint like ANYTHNG!), crafts, and healthy living. She is a youth pastors wife. She has a modern edge to her decorating style. She loves the outdoors and nature. Oh and they are expecting a little girl (no name as of yet!).

So some of the themes I thought of were
  • Nature/Organic - inspired by her efforts to live, eat & grow healthily
  • Trees - inspired by her love of outdoors & her growing family tree
  • Birds - inspired by her nursery bedding from Pottery Barn
  • Pink/Green - inspired by the colors of her nursery
Ok - and here are some of the preliminary invites that I have thought of :


Option 1 - trees


Option 2 - Simple design
Option 3 - birdie birdie birdie
Option 4 - lots of green

Please please please - just let me know what you think or if you can think of other ideas, I am open to anything right now!

3 comments:

USANDCO said...

Ooo, all so cute! I think I like #2 and #4, no wait, maybe #3....but #1 is really different and unique. I'm a lot of help, huh? We had our co-ed shower at John and Mena's yesterday, pretty funny stuff. I'll have to tell you all about it.
love ya- Steph

Emily said...

I like 4, but green is my favorite color, so take that into account when choosing to throw out my vote. Cute cute, I just finished throwing my SIL's bridal shower yesterday - they're exhausting but fun!

Bayjb said...

I like 2 and 3 the best. Very cute and simple. That's key.