- Planned, shopped for and fed 75 ladies at a church event (and decorated the shindig too)
- Bought a new shmancy mattress and boxspring at Ikea (lots of bootie shaking there!)
- Celebrated my boys - the Steelers - as they kicked the Cardinals tailfeathers.
- Found some great new tchotchkies at Goodwill.
- Started piano lessons.
- Made some fantastic cheap art.
- Copied and transfered a bazillion photos from my old computer to my new & snapfish & photobucket (still not done - it takes forever!!!)
And lastly, I have one last thing I am doing. I am saying goodbye to the great age of 27. Today is it. The last hurrah...el ultimo buenos dia...the finale to my mid-20's...tomorrow I will officially be in my late twenties :( I could kinda get away with saying 27 was mid twenties...but no more. See how happy I was with my family on my 27th:
I have this irrational fear that tomorrow that I will wake up thirty pounds heavier and looking like Joan Rivers or Helen Mirren. Please dear Lord, I would prefer Helen...if it's your will :) I will also have gloucoma and my teeth will start crumbling. Bladder control will be a thing of the past and Jeremy will have to help me remember my maiden name. My doctor will have to prescribe cholesterol medication instead of birth control and my two favorite topics will be arthritis and the weather. Gosh. 28 sucks.
Tonight, instead of saying goodbye with a wave and a smile and maybe a margarita, I will be laid out on a table while a laser hair removal lady zaps my bikini area with a high intensity laser. There will be tears...there will be enormous amounts of sweating...and a muttering of words that I will need to pray about later. Even the goodbye sucks.
Also, I am not really done with 27. There are a million things I was supposed to do or see or accomplish by now and I haven't done any of them. Why have I been such a slacker?!? Why does time fly?!?! Why does it go faster if you have a good time?!?! WHY?! I might be having a panic attack. Quick - what is the number for 911 ?!?!