Monday, June 1, 2009

Fan Club

About a week ago, I became the official member of the 'Fan' Club. Sortof like The Babysitters Club but for girls over the age of 15.

I was able to pick up a few things for our master bedroom and this fun little fan, well, he was begging me to take him home...dirty little thing. No seriously. He was a hot mess. I broke out the Clorox wipes and got to business cleaning him up. Soon his soft turquoise finish and shiny red nose (hence the name Rudolph) were spick n span.

But that isn't the only thing I picked up on my travels. Oh no sloppy joe! I also found a lovely starfish at HomeGoods for $3 and a Pottery Barn Design Bedrooms book at the outlet for $6.


A little stacking action on the dresser across from our bed makes for a nice little vinette. Plus the PB book is a perfect little treat before bed - afterall, isn't eye candy better than real candy?! (jury still out on that one!) And after seeing the delish photos for a little bedroom inspiration...I went directly to Amazon to order the other Pottery Barn Design books which all have the loveliest shade of cream and brown to their uncovered binding.


Now to come up with something beautiful for the other side of the dresser. Maybe a big basket with a beautiful shade-loving plant. Or a lamp and a cake plate for all of my perfumes. What do you think? Any ideas out there?


Aww - Rudolph looks so cute perched there. He is such a classy kinda guy. And you can take one of these home with you too - via ebay. Just search for 'GE antique fan' and a bunch of different kinds come up. And when you bring your new guy into your bedroom...I have not a doubt in my mind that he will blow you away :) heehee! Happy Shopping!

Wanna see who else is a member of the Fan Club? Click here! (clue - have you voted today?)

14 comments:

Amy said...

I love your idea of the cake pedestal to display your perfume! Very cute!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love love love the fan. It looks awesome there.

You are in the Atlanta area, aren't ya? Hubs and I may be visiting your neck of the woods in a few weeks (found out there's a direct dirt cheap flight). Any tips of where to go?? Where are all these stores you find scores at? (And, no I didn't ONLY choose Atlanta because of the stores you mention. That was only the #2 reason. =))

Freckles Chick said...

Yet another kickass vignette! Seriously, we're talking insert foot in bum here (wait, what just happened). TOTALLY agree about removing the book jackets.

I've been scouring for the rest of the PB decor books collection and am crazy jealous that you have the LR one. I only have the ones I posted about: DR's & storage displays. They're all by their lonesome. =[ I think mine need to do a sleepover w/ yours.

Megan Lee said...

The fan looks great! And I, too, love the idea of the cake pedastal. I'm very drawn to them myself. I'm looking for a mini pedastal for soap.

###### said...

I love the fan. We were eyeing one at the antique show.

Bayjb said...

I love that fan, the vintage look is perfect for the room. Great size too.

Yansy said...

Nice looking fan. I think I'm in love. You can also do a tray or even a silver antique tray where you can display all your new perfume bottles along with some look alike vintage bottles. What do you think? You can also display a jewelery box as part as your vignette.

Katie said...

Awesome finds! I'm super jealous that you have a PB outlet near you. With all the outlet shopping in my area, that one store that we don't have. Grr...

Emily said...

I'm a member of the fan club - and Canopy Dresser club - too. It beats a ceiling fan, that's for sure. Love your fan!

Sherry @ This Young House said...

Hello, huge fan of the fan here. And now my fan wants to meet your fan. Looks like a visit to Richmond (Rudolph in tow) is in order. Wahoo!

Great scores one and all. I wouldn't expect anything less from a black belt shopper like yourself.

xo,
Sherry

Julia said...

The latest thing I'm seeing at blogs like The Lettered Cottage are vases, tin buckets, pillows, etc. all adorned with numbers. Not sure if that is your style though. It would be cute to have a painted pot or tin with the number on it and flowers or a plant in it.

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

so very cute. love the starfish.

Laurie said...

I am a big fan of the fan! And I just love love love all the tablescapes you do, you have a knack for the art of the knick knack ;) Can you please come do some for me?

LyndsAU said...

I love love that fan!! FABULOUS addition lady!