Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yip Yip Yoorah!







When I was a teen I would watch Trading Spaces and just pray quietly that the least annoying family would get to receive a room designed by Vern Yip. His clean and preppy style made me weak in the knees. And it was so refreshing compared to the "king of country" Frank Bielec or Doug Wilson, whose main goal was to reduce the homeowner to tears....of remorse.



His new show on HGTV, Deserving Design is one of the best for Before & Afters. Not only does he reward deserving families but doesn't pollute the world with bad design. Do you think he would approve of our living room makeover?



Of course, I only became more excited when I found Vern was based in, drumroll please.... ATLANTA, Georgia! Icing on the cake.



Here is some of my favorites from Deserving Design -



beautiful new nursery - makes me want a baby!

Love the supersized prints - anyone know where I can get my own?

I love the wheatgrass centerpiece as well as the design painted on the back wall.


I think I know a few people that would trade their pinky toe for those wall-mounted fish tanks.

Small space? No problem...Vern Yip to the rescue!

Tell me those floors were hiding under the carpet - why can't that happen to me?!

Notes:

Watch Deserving Design

Copy all Vern Yip's moves

Decorate with Bower Power

Love Atlanta Designers


2 comments:

Emily said...

Haha, I remember CRINGING when Doug decorated a master bedroom to look like a train car. Ew. And the homeowners liked it!!! Or at least pretended.

I love Deserving Design, too. Somehow I don't think I've done anything in my life that makes me deserving, so I take notes because Vern's not gonna be walking through my door.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - I'm excited I found yours!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I am in North Ga, are you close? I am an interior decorator and love it, would love it more if the market was a bit better! Keep up your very funny posts...
~Misti