Friday, September 12, 2008

Sales & Specials 09.12.08

Sales this week are outta control! Pretty much every store is having some kinda clearance/fall/end of summer/just cause we wanna sale and I am lovin' it. And it is only gonna get more intense as the holidays roll around so you know I am excited.

So without further adieu...


Sales & Specials for the week of September 12

1. Championship Cake Pan - Williams-Sonoma $15
Will someone please make this cake and send me a photo?!?! I think it would be perfect for a big game or even a fantasy football party.

2. Martha Stewart Collection Leaf Salt Cellar set of 4 - Macy's $6
If you haven't used salt cellars before - it is never too late to start! I remember loving the dinners that we each had our own little dish of salt (my mom even had tiny little spoons) and we got to add our own bit of flavor to our turkey, chicken, or veggies. It is a great way to add a little charm to dinner parties and holiday supper.

3. Office Basics Letter Tray - See Jane Work $15.50
These fabulous letter trays can make your office tidy, efficient and cute to boot! They are stackable so buy several for multiple levels. See Jane Work also carries matching magazine files and other great products (that are on sale too!).

4. Silk Taffeta Pillow Covers in sand - Restoration Hardware $24-32
Add a bit of class to your hum-drum lives! These pillow covers also come in the following colors (also on sale): honey, sangria, thyme, and light silver sage - so you are sure to find one to match your personal color scheme!

5. Pure Organic Towels - Bed, Bath & Beyond $4.79-8.99
These towels are like what you admire in other people's homes but never think to buy. Made from 100% cotton, they are super soft. AND...they have even earned the IMO certification (which means that the farmer had to pay to get an "organic" inspection and stamp of approval)...yes they are earth friendly :)

6. Simplicity Ellis 4-in-1 crib in cherry - Target $199
This is the transformer type bed - it grows with your child till they are sleeping sound in their own twin. And you will save money in the long run cause you won't have to buy a new bed when they have outgrown their old one. Plus points - the classic color and shape so you know this thing will never go out of style!

7. Jappling leather Club Chair - IKEA $199
Ok ok ok - you caught me! The picture is not actually the chair - I couldn't copy the sucker. So what's a girl to do? The chair above is the Cary Comfort club chair at Targ-hey...but it runs a cool $399 which is substaintially more than the Ikea version. So in essence, you could buy two of the Japplings for one Cary. Sounds like a deal to me!

***oh and buy the way - this is a limited supply sale - so get a movin - the boyfriend and I bought two for ourselves yesterday and so I can attest - they look much better in person!!! go to page 372 in the Ikea 2009 catalogue to view :)

8. Mattress Pads - Sears $5.97-220.49
It's Sears Two Day sale and they have tons of mattress pads that are on sale. They have waterproof, they have feather beds, they have heated mattress pads, they have memory foam - whatever you can dream of, they probably have. So if you are in need of a mattress pad for your bed, now is the time to pick one up at Sears cause the prices are only good through tomorrow.


Oh - and if you end up buying a Sales & Specials item - please let me know what you purchased and how it turns out - I wanna share in your excitement - cause let's face it, shopping can get my heart pumping like none other :)

4 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Your blog may be hazardous to my account! :)

Freckles Chick said...

I love these sales & specials posts and I love that you're enabling me to feed my shopping addiction. Like a moth to a flame, I tell ya, me and shopping.

sam said...

mrs power,

do you know where i can get another ikea jappling club chair in brown?? cuz I don't think ikea offers it anymore....would you be interested in selling one of yours??

jilanchis@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

to Sam:

At my local Ikea (Frisco, TX), they have the Jappling chairs in brown for sale. You might want to see if your store has brought them back!