2. Go to the gym five times a week (yup, we finally bit the bullet and joined) FAILED
8. Make four crafty items FAILED
10. Plan the basement bathroom/mudroom POSTPONED
11. First coat of mudding in the basement POSTPONED
12. Water seal the rest of the basement walls and floors POSTPONED
Overall, December wasn't too shabby. It just was too dang busy.
I did finish the book I started WAY back in September. It was titled 'Your Money Counts' by Howard Drayton. If you wanna change the way you think about money & stuff, this is it people. Sure, it talks about the bible...blah blah blah, to all you non-Jesus-lovers...but it also talks about teaching your kids about spending, long term & short term saving, investing, and rescuing your marriage from a financial death sentence. In general, I would recommend it. But who am I? Oh, just someone who paid off 30K of debt this year :)
#2 was just pathetic. Why would I ever think that I could jump from ZERO to TWENTY in my monthly gym attendance? It's like expecting Britney Spears to announce she's pregnant...oh wait, that could happen. Still...I did go a total of four times. And that my friends is four more times than last month. Here's hoping January beats it.
I didn't get to the basement at all. Up side is that Jeremy has been working diligently at getting little tasks done down there. Bazillion points go to Jeremy.
GOALS FOR JANUARY
1. Read Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
2. Make two crafts
3. Work out at least five times total
4. Plan the basement bathroom/mudroom
5. First coat of mudding in the basement
6. Water seal the rest of the basement walls and floors
7. Paint ugly wooden beast
8. Clean linen closet
9. Write my grandparents letters
10. Clean bathrooms once a week
11. Cook Jeremy a special meal
12. Host a party for the ladies
The most difficult item will be #3. for sure. And note that our bathrooms are disgusting. Jeremy doesn't touch bathrooms. My silver lining is that he dusts, vacuums, does his own laundry, makes the bed, and does all the dishes...unbelievable, right?! I know. Sometimes I tease him that he might be gay...if it weren't for his incessant need to play video games, I would seriously question it. just kidding honey :)