- she buys numerous sets of dishes.
- she hoards stuff.
- she throws a fabulous party.
- she can make mass amounts of food out of nothing.
I do three outta four. I need a full pantry to cook. But the dishes thing is killing my hubbie. In the last year, I received the following dishes:
- my mom's everyday wedding set (it is green glass - so chic)
- my china wedding set
- my everyday wedding set
- my outdoor party set (it is plastic)
- my boyfriends bachelor set (it was black)
- my mom's floral china set (its flowery and pink - perfect for a tea)
Yard sale #1 time came around and I knew I had to ditch at least one set. Out went the bachelor dishes. I sold them to a very nice lady (named "mom") for the low price of $0. I told you, we have issues. I like to call it Obsessive Compulsive Dishes Disorder. My husband has fantasy football...I like tablesetting.
So no surprise when this past weekend I wanted the cutest polka dot plates and stars plates from Pottery Barn outlet - come on they were less than $2 a dish!!!
But notice...this is not a complete set. These are 4 salad plates in 2 different designs. If Valentines day or 4th of July come around - I am ready. And I feel that this is a compromise. I get some of my dishes - enough for a romantic couples dinner come V-day - and my husband doesn't have to buy another house for my dishes.
That's fair - right?
Which brings me to this point - there have gotta be some other OCD peeps out there with some lamp obsession or a weird affinity for dog art. Whatever your collection may be - DISH IT! It will comfort me - letting me know I am not a cracked plate.